Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course?

PLN is a good platform to help individuals improve their abilities and also help them develop their profession after class. In this online world with developed social media, there are too many resources for us to use and learn. Everyone can establish PLN and share technology, profession, interests, etc. Through these PLNs, I can get to know people in many different professional fields, so I can communicate with those people and learn from each other through PLN according to my interests or majors.

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities and on which platform does your emerging expertise get good exposure? Can you leverage your PLN in future endeavours?

I think I can open up professional opportunities through PLN, and yes I can leverage my PLN in future endeavours.  For example, I want to be an illustrator. I can create a fan page on Facebook or show my work on major drawing platforms to increase my visibility and exposure. As long as there is a flat rate of uploading works, I can let my works be seen. After getting a certain number of supporters, I can further look for business cases, accept some illustration cases or sponsors, sponsor the publication of works albums, and so on. Over time, there will be a fixed source of income, and there will be more free development in the works. Of course, there are often setbacks or disapproval of my work during this process, but as long as I continue to work hard, there will definitely be people who like my work.

How do you ensure that you expand your PLN via social media platforms into spaces that may be outside of your comfort zone?

Challenge yourself as much as possible, and communicate with others as much as possible. Set a goal first, and then realize it one by one, slowly stepping out of my comfort zone, I think in this way, you can efficiently and quickly expand my PLN and achieve your goals. Don’t just focus on your own PLN, look at other PLNs, and think about how to develop your own PLN more effectively. When you fully expand your own vision, step out of your comfort zone and you will no longer be confused or afraid.